Sunday, September 13, 2009

working on the wheel.


Today I worked on the pottery wheel, for 12 hours. I forgot how much I love throwing things on the wheel and how much I love working with the clay with my hands. At the moment I'm not very good, but I know I will continue to get better.

I just feel so connected with the Earth, with the World when I'm working with clay. I see my humanity so much in the clay. I find myself being molded and shaped, wedged into the image of the Great Molder. He molded me, us, from the beginning and breathed life into us.....Now I'm a walking moving piece of earth made alive by his His Spirit inside of me, which is inwardly molding me and shaping me.

Here is a project one of my friends did highlighting my work with clay last semester...enjoy.... :-).




Oh, BTW, a new band I discovered..... Breathe Owl Breathe...my secret obsession with owls is migrating to my music.

No comments: