Monday, June 1, 2009


Isolation morphed into Solitude and Solitude slowly melted away as I was invited by my dear Kassan and Grace to accompany them to Bethel. Bethel is a church in Redding 3 hours away from our home, made famous primarily by the movie “Finger of God.” (which I highly recommend to anyone interested or uninterested)



Kassan and Grace are both in High School and some of the sweetest girls I know. Grace reminds me so much of myself when I was in High School and it’s such a blessing I have to be a part of her life and see her grow. Kassan is short for Kassandra. She has one of the most agreeable dispositions I have encountered and she carries herself in a love and gentleness beyond her years. I am so blessed to know her.


At Bethel there was a spirit of worship. We could feel it as soon as we walked into the church. The worship music just flowed and I fell in love again. I suppose I am constantly falling in love with new things, new places, new people, all in different ways, but tonight I really fell in love with interlude. The part of worship where the song is through, but the music is still playing and the leaders haven’t started the next song yet. Unlike other churches the interludes here were filled with calls of praise and everyone was singing from their hearts, singing straight to their Creator, here instead of awkward transitions interludes were savored, expounded upon and even became new songs within themselves. It was a taste of Heaven. I felt the presence of the LORD open up especially in these interludes and I wanted more.

I am so hungry for the presence of the LORD and somewhat thankful that Isolation has fled for the presence of Communion…..Communion with my Maker, my Creator, Yeshua. I am so Hungry to Worship my God.

P.S. Read Isaiah 60.

4 comments:

oomerfoo said...

oh that's good.

i like your isolation post

Heather said...

Yay! I actually finally started using my blog thanks to you!!!!! haha. glad someone reads them.

Anonymous said...

DEAR LOVE,
if you go again to bethel, please meet Mike Maeshiro.
He's a cool kid who loves God immensely.
You two would get along.

you don't have to, but you'd like him.

Heather said...

I'm actually probably going to go again in a few weeks......

Mike Maeshiro.....I"ll have to meet him next time I go. I need stuff to do, while I'm waiting after the morning service till the evening service.